A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Share | 

Why tell people the truth?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Why tell people the truth?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 pm

*sigh*

I think some days I want to kick the people I unfortunately have to read for.

So they come asking all of these things and the energy looks pretty clear, and so you make some positive predictions and say to yourself, I hope this person doesn't go changing their mind.

Then two weeks later, the individual you read for has drastically changed their path and they come back just for a check up on the person they originally asked about only to find that that person has gone in a completely different direction than the one described in the first reading.

Well I will say this, when people change their minds it's not my fault, but it's my vow to stay honest and true to my clients so that they know what is going on with the people in their lives. I'm not gonna sit here and lie to you just so that you'll like me, it's not my style.

But heck, I guess I understand why some people don't bother telling the truth and it's because they don't want to have to hear the whining and complaining clients who ask for support and help and insight and guidance and when they get it they go shooting the messenger thinking we've got to be wrong.

Grrr, and yet some people can't just accept that sometimes people have bad days and it seems like they're gonna go throwing the whole path in front of them to hell and then a day or two later they're fine, they resume their path like usual and ooh progress is made, while yet, the one who told the truth about how that person felt is left sitting here banging their head against a wall because all they can do is sense and read and feel and I can't change the energy that I get off people!!!

Arg.

Honestly, if you don't want honesty, if you don't want to accept that sometimes things change, then don't bother coming to my office, I would rather not read for you if all you want me to do is lie.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader

Female Aquarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 254
Birthday : 1986-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Why tell people the truth?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 pm

V, I totally agree with you. People come and ask you for readings. I'm not one to sugar coat either. I hate when people don't hear what they want, so they get mad at you, the messenger! *hugs* hun! I hope things get better for you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ashleydesignsllc.com
RichsEar
Humanitarian
Humanitarian

Male Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 272
Birthday : 1972-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Why tell people the truth?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:34 am

It's the same when people come to me for advice.

Many folks will only hear what they want to hear.

'Will he leave her for me?"

'Should I tell my boss I hate him?'

'Why are my parents so mean?'

Disclaimer: The above are examples of what may happen and are NOT real questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.paranormalhaunt.co.uk
Ariadne
Supporter
Supporter

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Why tell people the truth?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:33 pm

It took me along time to get this. I used to beat myself up over behavior inconsistencies, thinking I did something wrong, it was my fault, what the h did I do this time did I come on too strong, etc etc.

Then it struck me: people change their minds all the time, some more bipolar than the others. Unfortunately, I'm at the receiving end of such volatility, but well, such is life. I can't control who I get attracted to, especially something as magnetic as what I'm feeling (people around me call it psychotic attraction). But yeah, everyone just has ups and downs. It's not always about me, maybe that person is just mad at the world and taking it out on me. Or maybe it could be just as simple as he just doesn't feel like talking. Just because someone doesn't fawn over you it doesn't mean he stopped caring about you.

Having said that, I would always prefer cold, brutal truth (or maybe sweet, sugary depending on the situation ) over sugarcoated fabricated lies just to make me feel good about myself.

In the end, telling the truth - positive or negative - is always kinder so I hope the readers don't get discouraged.

Last edited by Ariadne on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Why tell people the truth?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks Ariadne and Rich and Kai for the support! I appreciate it!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why tell people the truth?   

Back to top Go down

Why tell people the truth?
Page 1 of 1