A great place to learn about everything paranormal, metaphysical, psychic, spiritual, pagan, esoteric, occult and more!

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Metaphysical Chat
Metaphysical Chat
Who’s Chatting Now
Navitation
Code of Ethics
Community Courses
Spiritual Retreats
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» How many types of Reiki are out there?
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am by NA-EL-EE-EL

» Dopplegangers
Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am by TheCleric

» Sylvia Browne's Life Themes
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:39 pm by TheCleric

» Hola from a Newbie!
Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm by TheCleric

» How old is your soul?
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 am by TheBear

» the grudge?
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:20 am by TheBear

» My Dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:00 am by TheBear

» My dream
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am by TheBear

» Friends dreams....
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 am by TheBear

Shout Box

ShoutMix chat widget
World Time

Share | 

What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?   Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Let's try to keep it clean, but I want to know what is the worst insult you have ever paid someone?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Luinbariel
Teacher
Teacher

Female Number of posts : 191

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?   Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:39 pm

I simply cut them from my life because they were no longer considered good enough to be in it.

Who needs words?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Admin
Admin

Female Leo Rat
Number of posts : 534
Birthday : 1984-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?   Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Oooh, yeah I've done that, abandon people.

Okay, but truth be told, the WORST insult I ever paid to someone was to my mom.

I was opening a business, and she told me there was no way she would help me, she wouldn't babysit, she wouldn't come to help set up, NOTHING. She offered NO support.

I retorted with a rather crass comment about her being too sick, too disabled, and too illiterate to do anything for anyone.

And we have spoken 3 times since.

And unfortunately, my comments were true, she's still too sick, too disabled and too illiterate to help anyone but herself.

Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://liveperson.com/Psychic-Rhiannon
Amergin
Contributor
Contributor

Male Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 192
Birthday : 1973-02-20

PostSubject: Insult   Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Ok... I have a policy in being up-front with everyone. So.... I'm going to come right out with this one. I have insulted somebody before. The person did ask for it too.

This is complex, so please please bear with me. It's also upsetting. I have no real family... my Brother and Sister cut me off from their lives, my Father tried to kill me, and I recently lost the only person in my life who really cared for me (of course, I do have Richard... and I know he cares! but I'm on about family members tho) which was my Mother, Doreen (cause of death was cancer).

Before my Father moved to Spain, he spotted me shopping one afternoon. He was getting at me as per usual, and after years of taking it, and not rising to his level, I completely lost my temper (very rare for me)... and I told him a HUGE home truth. I said he was never fit to be my Mothers husband (before they divorced), and I told him that as far as I was concerned, he was not good enough to be my Father. He took a swing for me, and I walked away.

On one hand, I felt so good at finally standing up to him... but now my Mother is no longer with me, I feel so isolated... alone.

When I see Families together... sharing a laugh, and helping each other, I feel so sad... it's worse at Christmas.

All I can say here... is thank goodness I have Richard. He is my reason for living! (and of course this place too!!!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.paranormalhaunt.co.uk
Kaimelar
Reader
Reader

Female Aquarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 254
Birthday : 1986-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?   Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:57 am

Well, it's not so much as what was said, but more of what I did. When I was 19 I won a radio contest to go meet Will Smith in person. It was out in California so we had to fly there. I decided to take my best friend instead of my mom. I know this probably sounds silly to some other people, but I felt horrible for doing it. It was like saying, "Mom, I know you do all this stuff for me, raised me, took care of me and drove me to the hospital like 2-3 times a week when I was a baby, but I don't want to go with you and I really don't appreciate what you do." That's how it felt. And I felt horrible for it. I made it up to her by apologizing and since then we have grown closer together through doing girls night out type of things, but I still shouldn't have taken my best friend over my own mother! That was horrible and this is probably the first time I've ever told anyone about it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ashleydesignsllc.com
RichsEar
Humanitarian
Humanitarian

Male Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 272
Birthday : 1972-11-06

PostSubject: My worst insult   Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:02 am

When Jord and I were helping in a charity shop, a customer came in whom Jordan had a dislike for.

The customer tried to joke around with the shampoo saying he didn't need it being bald

My reply was that brasso would suit him better.

Needless to say he left the shop in a hurry and I almost forgot to mention the shop was full of customers.

Last edited by RichsEar on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.paranormalhaunt.co.uk
shelly2009

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?   Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:43 pm

I have a friend who is very upfront and honest and at times she does not realize that what she consideres upfront and honest others consider insulting. I try to not insult people unless I am really angry, I usually just laught at them. I find that this works best since you leave them wondering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pinkster

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?   Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:01 pm

i told my abusive ex i wished he was dead and the cruelest part is i actually meant it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulMagick
Supporter
Supporter

Female Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?   Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:05 am

Hmmm. Interesting one this..

I don't know myself to insult anyone on purpose or knowingly and maybe this is why I can be very sensitive and react quickly at times.

What I learned growing up and all through my experiences and situations I have found myself in(whilst being the observer that I have come to realise), I have to say I've been through all of the above mentioned by you huns. I have come to the understanding that while being mindful and polite, it is better to gently correct someone/something when it arises as it'll either blow up to crazy proportions or wither away inside making you ill.

I also think that blowing off at someone in a rash manner can take things out of context and ott and thus leading to friction and bad feeling. reacting to that what is said in the moment rather that what was done to get to the point of needing a word or two. So where I may feel riled inside by something, I will not just lunge at the person who said/did that something but will try to work it out in my head first to see if there is basis for a quiet word or heated discussion.

Think about it like this: who listens to someone who talks at you? who listens to someone who judges you and makes presumptions? I quote my parents in saying this very funny yet very true analogy ''if one dog is barking, let it bark. Why bark over it''. Two wrongs don't make a right-nor does an eye for an eye.

Then again could it be that it is us alone who create the reaction by taking something out of context? Therefore being presumptive (as we are daily). I think it should come down to asking someone what they mean before taking things to another level.

Observe. This is a very good thing seeing as when we know someone closely we begin to understand how they work and express themselves and better accept them and understand them.

That's all I can think of adding right now. bounce

Warm Hugs

SoulMagick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mariaisabel
Supporter
Supporter

Female Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 61
Birthday : 1989-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:08 am

Well I am very open minded person, and I am too honest in my opinion. If someone was to be mean to me or say something that made me feel horrible. I would actually say something mean back that would make them either feel horrible with themselves or feel guilty.
One time one of my friends was calling me stupid because i was dating a guy who smoked weed. Which I thought was kinda of stupid because she done it in her life time. Why judge someone else? Well anyways, she was very mean about it and I got upset. So I told her "Look don't think that you hadn't done these things before, and you shouldn't judge anyone because you have done the same thing". She pretty much got mad at me and I didn't care to say sorry because I was pointing out the truth.
I don't like it when people judge others for things they have done in their past.. Everyone should be respected for who they are. I mean it depends what they do in life but if it's someone who you barely know yet. Don't judge them until you finally meet them.
But, besides that.. If someone said something mean to me. I would actually point out something towards you and make you feel really bad without feeling bad about saying it. Depending if I said it out of anger and feel bad afterwards. That's a different story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?   

Back to top Go down

What is the worst insult you have ever given someone?
Page 1 of 1